2017-18 MIAMI WINTER SERIES HOSTED BY COCONUT GROVE SAILING CLUB
VIEW 2016-17 MIAMI WINTER SERIES RANKING (3 of 3 EVENTS COMPLETE)
GETTING TO MIAMI
• Fly into Miami International Airport (MIA) - 20 minutes from Coconut Grove
• Cab to Coconut Grove is typically between $25-40
• There is really no need to rent a car, however if you wish, standard rental car agencies are available at the airport
• Another option is Ft. Lauderdale Airport, however, be aware this is an hour drive away
• You can have your Melges 20 transported to Coconut Grove, FL, or you can bring it there yourself too.
Cap Anderson : (316) 882-5589
Justin Hood : (616) 510-1592
Harold 'Cai' Flynn - Regatta Logistics : (303) 570-4325
Gene Hinkel : (727) 421-0468
Ezra Culver (EZ Marine) : (305) 803-7105
Karen Scholl : (319) 230-9008
John Woodruff - Latis Yachting Solutions : (734) 231-8610
Daniel Jakus - Painted Cowboy : (801) 831-8080
STAYING IN COCONUT GROVE
• The Sonesta and the Mutiny are within 2-3 minute walks from the Coconut Grove Sailing Club, and five minutes from excellent restaurants
• Also View This Complete List of Hotels and Other Accommodations located within walking distance
• Choose between Shake a leg, and the US Sailing Center
• These sites provide secure storage for boats on trailers leaving mast up
• Running water, hoists, and friendly sailors
• Best to purchase from Melges a mast up cover
• Store travel covers and shares in dock boxes
• Both locations within 10-15 easy minutes by water to CGSC
• The second and third regattas – uncover, put some turns on the rig, and launch all of 45 minutes – beer and lunch are available as a wonderful grocer on the walk from the hotel to the boat.
• Running water is provided to hose the boat down prior to covering
• Coconut Grove Sailing Club, a wonderfully friendly, down to Earth organization which greets the Melges 20 class every year
• Biscayne Bay is huge, the winter training ground for the evolving US Olympic Team, with plenty of water for great courses, and the weather is superb including the wind!
ONSITE SERVICE AND PRODUCT SUPPORT
Melges USA is always onsite for product service and support. The Melges Van is always on station to assist you with parts and assistance.